Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fall Cleaning

Today I got a shoebox out of the closet (Vans Old Skool Flame print...I remember wearing those!) and decided it was time to go through its contents: what remains of my old cassette tapes. I actually do have a cassette player at work, and those tapes aren't getting any younger. So, I shall present a list. Two lists, actually.

Ahem.

Store-Bought
1. Paula Abdul: Forever Your Girl
2. Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here AND The Division Bell
3. Barenaked Ladies: Stunt
4. Sublime: Second Hand Smoke
5. Pachelbel Ocean Sounds (my personal favorite)

Copied
1. Elvis Costello: The Very Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions
2. Bob Dylan: Nashville Skyline
3. DMB: Crash AND Live at Luther College
4. Green Day: Nimrod
5. The Violent Femmes: New Times (definitely NOT their best album)
6. Bob Dylan: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
7. The Pietasters: Strapped Live!
8. The Beastie Boys: Hello Nasty

And, one blank tape. What to copy, what to copy.

I have to admit, I was kind of bummed out that my Debbie Gibsons have vanished, along with a few other gems.

No comments: